Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Liberi Gothica


Well, since I've been thinking of old projects, I figured I'd get talking about a project I joined almost 2 years ago, which had been worked on for over a year before I even heard of it. Liberi Gothica, as it was renamed soon after I joined, is a tabletop rpg. Basic concept revolves around magical dolls called foci, which make contracts with children, and give them great power in exchange for vitality, the very live essence of humans. As the most common way to gain vitality is to kill someone and harvest their soul it disappears, you would be right to assume the game tends to be rather dark. The children who make these contracts are Liberi, the cursed children. The game's main board has been really slow for the past few months, which I know I'm partly to blame for due to my inactivity to say the least, but I was hoping to change that and get them all motivated again.

So, I might try to start making a serious effort at the comic I started for the game. It is basically a Dickens or Frost meets Miyazaki tale of a simple soot girl who becomes a Liberi, and embarks on a journey that brings her in conflict with the church, fire magic based monks, and primal forces of the world. I'll try to have more info if I move forward with it, but for now it's just one of the many projects I'm considering. Hopefully this creative high will last through it and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment